Weekend Inmate Information
Weekend/Nonconsecutive Day Service
Defendant’s active sentence can be served on weekends, if permitted by the court and in accordance with Virginia Code 53.1-131.1 where the active portion of the remaining sentence is 45 days or less, Friday until Sunday on successive weekends until Defendant’s active sentence is satisfied. Defendant shall begin serving the active sentence by reporting to the Middle Peninsula Regional Security Center in Saluda, Virginia at 6:00p.m. on Friday, and each and every Friday thereafter until the active sentence is satisfied. Defendant cannot skip a weekend unless authorized by the Court.
Weekend service is a privilege and subject to the following court-ordered conditions:
- A Defendant who reports to the jail with a blood alcohol content of .02 or above shall be removed from weekend service immediately.
- A Defendant who reports to the jail with any illegal drug in their system shall be removed from weekend service immediately.
- A Defendant who reports to the jail late without permission from the court shall be removed from weekend service immediately.
- A Defendant who has a violation of any established major jail rule or regulation (i.e. Assault, Smuggling contraband etc.) during their period of incarceration shall be removed from weekend service immediately.
A violation of any of the above conditions shall result in automatic removal from weekend service and the defendant’s active sentence shall be served day after day until satisfied beginning immediately.
If a Defendant fails to appear for successive weekend service the Clerk of this Court shall issue a capias for the Defendant’s arrest and transportation to the Middle Peninsula Regional Security Center to serve his/her active time day after day until satisfied.
Middle Peninsula Regional Security Center will not hold any property other than a wallet, ID, cellphone, and medication. If you have medication you take daily, please call Medical in advance at 804-758-2338 ext. 237.
General Rules for Weekenders
- All weekenders will report to the facility as stated on their court documents. All weekenders report at 1800/6PM Friday unless stated otherwise.
- All weekenders are required to bring with them a picture ID, keys(if driving), white under garments on their body.
- All weekenders will be on time, if late they will be required to stay to do all their time.
- Do not bring extra property or money.
- The Superintendent will determine if the weekenders will be allowed to report late or their weekend time will be cancelled for that particular weekend based on the weather.
- All weekenders with medication, will bring the medication with them in the correct and individual bottle that was given by the Pharmacy. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- All weekenders WILL provide a CORRECT and working Phone Number in case the facility needs to contact them.