The rules for visiting inmates are provided below. For visitation times and other information, please see our Visitor Information page.
- Inmates who are released from MPRSC must wait 90 days after their release before visiting another inmate at MPRSC.
- Inmates are allowed one (1) 30 minute visit per week. A maximum of three (3) people including children per visit. No persons under the age of 18 will be permitted unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. This rule does not apply if you are the married spouse of Inmate you are visiting.
- Visitors should arrive at least 10 (ten) minutes early before visitation begins. If visitor arrives late they will have to wait for the next visitation time to begin.
- All visitors entering with a child are responsible for the child’s behavior. Children must be controlled while in the visitation booth or the visit will be revoked. Children are not allowed to stand or sit on the table areas in the visitation booth. No children can be left unattended in the lobby while the adult goes to the visitation area.
- Visitors displaying any crude or disruptive behavior will be asked to leave the premises. At the visitation Officers discretion, visitors may be permanently banned for excessive displays of such behavior.
- All visitors must have a valid picture ID, (Drivers License or State issue ID Card with address), or they will not be allowed to visit.
- Appropriate clothing is required. Examples of inappropriate clothing include, but are not limited to: Shorts, skirts two (2) inches above the knee, tight, revealing, low cut, sleeveless or transparent clothing and or pajamas as outwear. No clothing with offensive logo’s are permitted. Proper undergarments are required. Discretion will be up to the visitation Officer whether to allow or deny a visit based on these criteria.
- No personal items can be taken to the visitation booth including but not limited to: food, papers, pictures, keys, cell phones, etc. Visitors may not have any tobacco products, matches, lighters or smoking paraphernalia in their possession in the building. Purses must be left in vehicles and coats must remain in the lobby. Only religious headwear will be permitted at the discretion of the Lobby Officer. No hats, “Do Rags” or head attire will be permitted within the facility. MPRSC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All visitors must be cleared through the metal detector. All visitors entering MPRSC are subject to search.
- Once visits have started, visitors will not be able to come out and re-enter.
- No visits are allowed on Saturdays, Sundays or legal holidays observed by the jail.
- All extended visits must be pre-approved.
- Visitors and Inmate conduct will be monitored at any time. Any visit can be terminated for inappropriate behavior.
- No current or former employees of MPRSC are allowed to visit Inmates. If a relative is incarcerated it must be pre-approved.
- No persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be permitted to enter the facility.
- The Lobby Officer will not accept letters or photographs for Inmates. Items must be mailed through the United States Postal Service.
- All eligible visitors must visit at the same time. Maximum of three (3) visitors including children per inmate.